UK Remote GP – Contractor
Who are we?
Medical Solutions is the leading private provider of telephone and video-based GP consultations in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Operating since 1998 we have an experienced team of clinical and operational staff that provide stability, security and scale to our virtual clinic. Our GPs provide remote consultations to members of large insurers and corporate clients, covering 4 million patients.
The Role of Virtual Consultations – a time for change
Covid-19 is a catalyst for larger scale change in primary healthcare. On a scale never seen before, patients need remote clinical support and as a consequence, both patients and clinicians are becoming comfortable with remote consulting and appreciate the benefits it offers.
Medical Solutions is in a prime position to support GPs with training, feedback and support to enable them to thrive during this time of change.
The role of our GPs is to provide clinical advice, reassurance and where appropriate, diagnosis and prescriptions to patients by phone or video consultation. Following GMC best practice guidelines, our GPs consult with patients on an episodic basis across a broad spectrum of demographics and conditions from acute to chronic. Our top 5 clinical categories are dermatology, gastroenterology, ENT, MSK and urology.
Our GPs all receive training in remote consultations and are supported by our clinical governance board and 24/7 customer service and administration teams. Our Chief Medical Officer, Dr Chris Morris is on hand to support and guide GPs as necessary, with over 16 years training GPs, Chris is experienced and passionate about advancing effective patient care.
- GPs must be registered and maintain registration with the GMC, be on the NHSE Performers list and engage in an NHS appraisal
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a GP within the NHS
- Evidence that the CPD requirements of the above registrations are being met Attend via webinar internal GP meetings (bi-annually)
- Complete the Medical Solutions training programmes and follow our policies and procedures
- Engage and respond to quality audit results
- 8 hours a week commitment minimum (2 x 4-hour sessions per week)
- A consistent internet connection and working environment
- A DBS background check
- Guaranteed sessional work
- Funded online training
- Quality patient and professional feedback (which should be used as part of the CPD requirements)
- To provide all computer equipment required
- Clinical Governance and CMO support for clinical excellence
- Quality audit systems for clinical excellence
Please send your up to date CV